Beach-goers undoubtedly love the long stretches of white, soft sand and beauty of crystal clear water, but they also want to explore the waters and enjoy the fun. That is why the popularity of water sports like surfing, diving snorkelling and others is on the rise. These activities keep people entertained while they spend their vacation on the seafront and help them carry back memorable moments.
One such popular activity that has gained prominence is kiteboarding. As a novel, unique and thrilling experience, kiteboarding has caught people’s imagination. Yet, some feel that it is not easy to master and enjoy it and remain mere spectators.
How Difficult is Kiteboarding?
Visiting exotic beach locations means you look forward to enjoying every moment and not waste time in frivolities. Some people that visit Turks and Caicos wonder whether they should learn to kitesurf or relaxing on the beach would be a better alternative. However, they are not aware that the kiteboarding is an easy-to-learn water sport, compared to other similar sports and is full of thrills. It combines board-riding and kite-flying. Adjusting to the facets of these two sports and finding your pace may be a bit tricky but is a temporary issue.
The sport has a steep learning curve which is its most significant advantage. It implies that you can gain mastery in this sport quickly, which is not so easy in similar other sports like windsurfing. Other sports take a longer time to master because certain stages in learning them take too long. That is not the case with kiteboarding, making it easier to learn in a short time.
Improvements in techniques and equipment have contributed a great deal in making kitesurfing a game to learn and enjoy in a short time. You need to follow the safety instructions that trainers provide. The coaches keep a close eye on you and do not let you out of their sight unless they are sure about your mastery over the sport.
How To Get Started
If armed with the right equipment and training, your commitment and patience can help you learn the basics in about three hours. You can then enjoy a few rounds in the sea every day. Mastering the technique depends on investing more time in practising and adhering to the safety instructions. More the practice better will be your kiteboarding. Remember the following pointers.
- You benefit immensely by hiring an experienced trainer even if you have learnt sports such as snowboarding and skateboarding.
- Kiteboarding involves 80% managing the kite and 20% boarding.
- The basic lessons cover an in-depth practice into horizontal and vertical kite positions.
- The other aspects of learning involve handling the equipment, power bar control, board controlling, and knowing the harness and bindings correctly.
Advanced Kiteboarding Techniques
The process here includes:
- After you complete the initial training, the kiteboarding instructor closely watches your surfing to note the necessary improvements. For example, if they notice any mistake in your posture, they will ensure that you correct it.
- They introduce new techniques and tricks only after you become very comfortable with the activity and kiteboard with ease.
- You can learn kiteboarding in about 15 to 20 hours over a few many days.
- Learning power positions, sand skiing, body dragging and mastering the kite, are parts of advance lessons. You can master these skills in a few days.
The sport is trendy and very popular. Turks and Caicos have several qualified instructors for kiteboarding. The government authority certifies these instructors in this industry so that watersport lovers get valuable guidance to enjoy the adventure. They also observe high safety standards, use high-grade equipment and ensure that a kiteboarder faces no danger of injury.