What is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a mental disorder coming under the category of neurodevelopmental type. It is characterized by the difficulties in paying attention during the productive period of the day and in controlling the behavior in the social world. It can begin before the age of 12 years old and can start showing such mild effects in the initial stages. Affecting about 5 to 7 children out of every 100 children, this disorder in children starts causing degradation in the overall school performance and gets very serious in the adult stages of life. This article further details about this disorder and mentions some ways to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
The General Causes
Although the exact cause of ADHD is still under research but still following are some of the factors that might be considered as the reasons for the same: –
- From genetics, where the children get affected in about 75 percent of cases due to inheriting the faulty genes from their parents. This chance even increases further in case the elder sibling is unaffected by the same.
- Some bad habits followed by the mother during the pregnancy like alcohol, smoking or intake of non-recommended pills thus causing disturbance in the internal environment of the foetus
- Poor upbringing of the child or growth in a very dysfunctional society that affects the brain directly
The above causes are some of the findings that have been observed in the recent researches and further experimentation on the same is going on.
The Symptoms of this Disorder
The symptoms for this disorder can be divided into two different categories: –
- Problems in conducting even the simplest day-to-day activities
- Not paying enough attention and causing very silly mistakes in the easiest of the concepts
- Tending to daydream very often
- Talking excessively and thus giving the impression of a mad person
- Has bad mood and frequent fights with the peer ones
- Increased anxiety
- Chronic forgetfulness and lateness in the later stages
- Getting frustrated easily
- Indulging with fights and thus having a strained social life
- Switching over to alcohol and drugs very often to control mood
- Problems at the workplace as well as with the workmates
The Effect Over a Long Period
Upon getting undetected for a longer time, these mild symptoms then take a very violent form and start affecting both the personal as well as the professional lives of the person. Hyperactivity and attention problems increase and further lead to causing of accidents at the schools or workplaces.
How to Treat this Disorder?
Though there is no proper cure for ADHD, there are methods to reduce the intensity of the symptoms. Following are some of those that are considered to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: –
- Proper medication like Armodafinil 150 mg at geekmeds store by intake of stimulants that increase the release of dopamine and norepinephrine
- Behavioral psychotherapy from reputed and qualified doctors in the field to control the emotions and anger
- Proper education to the parents of the young children about the disorder and how to tackle the issues
- Maintaining a good parental bond with the children and ensuring that they never feel alone